zaterdag 20 april 2013

Portrait drawing in pencil, 24 x 30cm

A very special 10-year old boy asked me to draw a portrait of his great-grandmother, who died recently.
I don't think it occurred to him that I usually charge money for commissioned portraits, and after hearing why he wanted it, I didn't bring the subject up...He wants to give the portrait to his grandmother "so that she won't be so sad anymore about losing her mother".
I'm going to show him the result this afternoon, and I really hope he likes it. Then we'll go out to buy a frame together.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. What a lovely story and you'll make a little boy and his Grandmother so happy with this beautiful drawing.

    Guaranteed tears when this is handed over. Great-Grandmother's personality just shines through

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you so much Sue! I felt lucky and happy to make this picture. The little boy was very pleased with the result, thank goodness. Unfortunately he has his mind set on a red, blue or green frame...I would have preferred something 'quieter' to go with the picture!
      Next week he can surprise his grandma with the total result.

      Verwijderen